SMBHC Leadership Council
The SMBHC Leadership Council is a platform for alumni, parents, and friends to engage with leadership, provide feedback on development operations, and advocate for increased philanthropic support of the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College.
- Provide feedback on development operations and other initiatives as presented by the Dean.
- Commit to a $2K gift that is contributed each term served. Council members with extenuating circumstances can fundraise a portion of the commitment.
- Physically or virtually attend at least one of the two annual meetings. *We understand emergencies occur.
- Contribute your thought power to generate ideas and concepts that will grow our operation and increase our impact.
- Think critically and strategically about how to use your time and talent to serve the SMBHC.
SMBHC Leadership Fund:
The gifts from council members will be collectively pooled, and they will be allowed to vote on how the funds will be allocated. The SMBHC will report on the utilization –or plans for the utilization– of the funds by May of every year.
In 2019 we launched our mentorship program which allows alums —who have graduated at least three years ago–and friends of the honors college to mentor current students. For more information, please contact Anthony Heaven at firstname.lastname@example.org.