The SMBHC defines the term “water security” broadly and urgently. For drinking, for industry, for recreation, for the liquid resource essential for life and vital to our souls– we will look with clear eyes at every question we can ask and explore with passion every possibility for solving problems and resolving conflict over water use, quality, and availability. We can imagine working with citizen scholars in public health, engineering, environmental studies, law and policy, music (think Handel!), poetry, history, business, and the entire range of traditional and evolving disciplines. Water-rich or water-poor, we must all become water-wise.
How can I join this Honors Signature Conversation on Water Security?
Contact the members of the Water Security Advisory Board.
Check out SMBHC water security coursework.
- sponsor an event or trip for SMBHC students
- lead a conversation in the Honors lounge
- invite an undergraduate honors student to join you in your current research
- help coordinate a partnership with the SMBHC or provide an internship for SMBHC students (or WSI participating students) specializing in water security research and career options
- discuss teaching an honors water security course
- suggest another avenue for enriching the Honors Signature Conversation on water security